Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Filled Bucket


So it is my hopes that with this blog I will post weekly... Mostly to keep my gratitude and perspective in check. 

And here is an example of finding the positive moments in a not-so-positive situation...

Are any of you familiar with the story "Have You Filled A Bucket Today? A Guide To Daily Happiness For Kids"

We kind of joke about the fullness of our buckets. What does it mean to have a full bucket?? I love this quote! 
 "Parents need to fill a child's bucket of self-esteem so high that the rest of the world can't poke enough holes to drain it dry." Alvin Price 

We occasional ask Bennett how is his bucket. Does he need extra hugs and kisses, etc...

Recently, he has started asking Graham and me about our buckets. He will ask if he can fill them with hugs. 

Bennett: mom, how's your bucket?
Me: I'm good, thanks for checking.
Bennett: well, you need a hug. There's always room for one more hug. 
From the words of a four year old. 

This conversation came at a time when we were having some difficulty with Charlotte's eating. I was anxious, worried and unsure of the unknown. He knew I needed my bucket filled up. I'm grateful for the kind words, thoughts and actions of our four-year old little boy. 



Jackie 



No comments:

Post a Comment